This is the description for the third step in Visharu Adavu. You can also watch the Video of the third step.
In Visharu adavu there are number of variation in stretching the hands. Do not restrict yourself. Expand your stretches. Hold the mudras correctly. Look where your hands move. Also donot forget to smile. This will add beauty to the movements.
1. Be in Ardhamandala, with both the hands close to the chest in Katakamukha. Note that while in this position Elbow is held up. Looks are straight and back is also erect.
2. Cross the arms in Alapadama mudra (some call it Alapadma swastika or Awahita). Tap your right leg. Say Ta.
3. Uncross the hands . Place it away from the body and below the shoulder level in Alapadama mudra. Whole body moving in a 45 degree angle tap your right leg again slightly away from the earlier tapped position and a bit forward. Say Tai.
4. Bring your left leg behind the right in the swastikam (crossed leg position or swastikam). Hands move up to the shoulder level in Alapadma mudra. Both the arm are stretched sideways. Say Tai.
5. Moving forward tap your right leg in Ardhamandal posture. Both hands are moved above the head and are in katakamukha Mudra facing up. Say Ta.
From above position we need to move back on the same track to where we started (position 2) .
6. Now Tap your left leg while in Ardhamandala. Arms forming a V shape are held in Alapadma mudra . Say Dhit.
7. Moving the hands down to the shoulder level in Alapdama Mudra. Tap your left leg again slightly away from the earlier tapped position. Say Tai.
8. Now the hand move down below the shoulder level (like in 3 above) . Take your right leg behind the left. Say Tai.
9. Tap your left leg in ardhamandala posture. Cross your arm in Alapdama (like in position 2). Say Ta.
Here we finish one count. Repeat all the above instructions (from 2-9) starting with the left hand side for the second count.