Visharu Adavu Fifth Step
The fifth step is an extension of the fourth step. This step involves some turns at regular intervals.
1. Be in Ardhamandala. With both hands close to the chest in Katakamukha Mudra.
Lets begin the first part of this step. It is just the same like the fourth step.
3. Your right hand is placed above the head in Alapadama Mudra. Tap the right leg slightly away from the earlier tapped position. Say Tai.
4. Moving the right hand to the side and placed at 45 degree angle above the shoulder level. Cross your left leg behind the right. Say Tai.
5. Move the hands down to the shoulder level. Uncross the legs and tap your right leg in the Ardhamandala position. Say Ta.
6. Tap your left leg. Hands held in Alapadma mudra at shoulder level. Say Dhit.
7. Again tap your left leg slightly away from the earlier tapped position. Hand are held above shoulder level in 45 degree angle. Say Tai.
8. Cross the right leg behind the left . Hands are held right above the head in Katakamukha hasta. Say Tai.
9. Uncross the leg by lifting the left leg. Turn your whole body to the left hand side and tap the left feet in Ardhamandala posture. Hands placed close to the chest in Katakamukha mudra. Say Ta.
From here we begin the second part of the step
10. Now from the above position move to your right hand side.(as if moving forward)
Repeat all the instructions from 2 to 8 ie Ta Tai Tai Ta, Dhit Tai Tai as per the above explanation but facing your left hand side.
11. This is the Tai position (like 3 above)
12. When we reach the above position uncross your leg by lifting the left leg. Turn your body to be straight like in ( 1 above). Tap your left leg in Ardhamandala posture. Say Ta
Thus this step has two parts :
One set of Ta Tai Tai Ta , Dhit tai Tai Ta is done facing the audience. While the next part of the Ta Tai Tai Ta , Dhit tai Tai Ta is done facing either the left side or the right side respectively.
Repeat all the above instructions to the left side also. But here the second part is done facing the right hand side. I shall post the video soon.