Visharu Adavu involves swinging of hands in different directions ie sideways, up and down. Leg movements are simple and straight in one line. A Concept of shoulder pulls is also introduced later here. This Adavu is also called as Mardita adavu or Paraval adavu. The mudras used are Alapadma, katakamukha, Tripataka and Pataka. The sollukettu or Bols for this adavu is Ta Tai Tai Ta Dhit Tai Tai Ta.
Lets see how the first step in done.
1. Be in Ardhamandala. Hands are held close to the chest in katakamukha mudra.
2. Starting with the right side, tap your right leg. Right hand in Alapadma mudra stretched forward (at the shoulder level) while left hand in katakamukha mudra close to the chest. Say Ta.
3. Again tap the right leg slightly moving sideways (away from the earlier tapped position). Right hand is stretched to the right side at shoulder level in Alapadama mudra. Left hand in katakamukha mudra close to the chest. Say Tai.
4. Now cross your left leg behind the right leg. Right hand stretched to the back in line with the shoulders. Looking back to the hand, only the torso turns. While the lower body is in position. Say Tai.
4. Then tap the right leg. Bring back the right hand close to the chest in katakamukha mudra. Here both the hands are held close to the chest in the katakamukha mudra. Say Ta.
5. (Repeat the instructions from 1to 4 on the left side)Now, tap your left leg. Left hand in Alapadma mudra stretched forward (at the shoulder level) while left hand in katakamukha mudra close to the chest. Say Dhit.
6. Again tap the Left leg slightly moving sideways (away from the earlier tapped position). left hand is stretched to the left side at shoulder level in Alapadama mudra. Right hand in katakamukha mudra close to the chest. Say Tai.
7. Now cross your right leg behind the left leg. Left hand stretched to the back in line with the shoulders. Looking back to the hand, only the torso turns. While the lower body is in position. Say Tai.
8. Then tap the left leg. Bring back the left hand close to the chest in katakamukha mudra. Here both the hands are held close to the chest in the katakamukha mudra. Say Ta.
Here we complete one count. Watch the Visharu Adavu First step video here
I cant tell what a fantastic job ur doing. I saw ur profile on orkut long time back. I see that ur based in pune. I too am working here… cant give the details here though.
I had done 2 yrs of bharatnatyam at a very young age (i gues i was 7 or 8)… bt had to discontinue due to some reasons. I remember nothing of what i had learnt then. Today i am 22, and its practically impossible to join a dance class.. but im still very passionate about it. This approach of urs has been a boon to me.
Thanks a ton Anjali… Waiting for more videos to be uploaded soon.
I will probably add u as a friend on orkut.. IF u dont mind 🙂
buhbye… and keep up the charming work.. Thanks Again!!
Thanks Rashmi for your beautiful comment. Such words will always keep me motivated to do better. It would be my pleasure to be your friend. Thanks again.
I’m kausalyah. i’m 23 years old and learning baratham right now.
Yuortube help me alot to learn the adavus. how to download the adavus video clip? hepl me
I cannot thank you enough for the web site. I have been practising again.
The biggest advantage online is you can replay as mny times a s you want to. In real life the Guru moves on quickly and also the disciple is subjected to the Guru’s moods.
Yes, a guru is needed for refinement . For me, this is so wonderful. You are my sunshine . Best wishes, Panna .
Oh I forgot…
Any suggestions to avoid knee pain? ( I though,t there was none).
Knee apin or not , I love it so much that I practice it as soon as I have some freetime
Thanks again Anjali.
Hello Panna, thank you. Knee pains are common to dancers and athletes.Try giving a warm oil massage to your knees every night (preferably sesame oil). Experts suggest wearing a knee cap while practicing and applying therapeutic clay to the knees. They are available in pharmacy’s.
imy teacher hadn t taut me this , so i m worried that i won t pass my test .
requrie mudras and bol videos from the begining till the end
its so nice
really i cant express m happieness anjali
love ur dance..just started to learn.thank you so much aiting for more video for classical songs
i want vcds of bharatnatyam dance can you tell me the prize
Very good work
i like your websites, i am also learning bharatnatyam so i see your websites more than anything
i am a child