It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:11 am 

hi
i have been learning bharatha natyam from the age of 5 and performed my arangetram at the age of 16 in mumbai now last 25 years i have been teaching dance to younger generation . but still i hv a desire to get a degree in bharatha natyam.now i am in UAE last 17 yrs.
how can i achieve a degree ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:01 pm 

hey Asha, you can apply for the APAA through their website as a teacher since you already a great deal of experience. Follow this discussion for details. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11

Post subject: Re: anrangetram
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:25 pm 

Hi anjali, I am 14 years old, I live in France, and this holidays, I have started to learn Bharatanatyam on your videos ! It's very very difficult ! Sometime you are very quick :lol:
Althougt, i have some difficult I think in some years, i can dance bharatanatyam well. I have learned natta adavus and now i am learning visharu adavus. But do you think i can do my arangetram, just studiying bharatanatyam On the Net ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:08 pm 

Dear Trisha, you need to have somebody to correct you as you progress. Videos are only supplement. You much have a dedicated guru who can guide you through for the Arangetram.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:10 am 

definetly go get your degree, it will help your creditbiltly, and you have been doing dance for a long time, its clearly something you are very passionate about, So Go For IT!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:37 pm 

Hi Anjali
Im Priya from Bangalore.I love classical dance.I have been learning bharatanatyam from 6 years of age.Now I am learning mohiniattam.Since I am studing engineering now,I have not done any course in dance due to my busy shedule.I would love to do a certificate course in dance.Will you please help me out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 am 

Hi ,

I would like to complete the Diploma in Bharathnatyam from Alagappa Arts academy pls provide me with the contact number and email id of the Academy. I have been trying to visit the website but it seems blocked.

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:10 am 

I checked and understand that Madras University does a private study in MA. Would anyone know of a school in chennai that supports this effort?