It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: about certification
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:55 pm 

Hi Anjali,

I am from michigan state.I already sent my post for online classes as well as certification.I Can do till jati adavu.I want certification in dance.still i have to more perfect in bharathanatyam.you know i am very much intrested about dance.Can you teach me in online.what about the charges for certification and how many years it takes .plz tell me :)

Post subject: Re: about certification
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:45 pm 

Hello yogitha, have sent you mail with details of the classes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:57 am 

Hi Anajali,

It is a pleasure to write to you.
I have come across your site and was very excited to learn bharatanatyam online.
I am 24 now, I have learnt just the basics 15 years back when I was a kid.
I have strated learning from the beginning again from your site. Because of the nature of my job, and the timings, I am not able to join any dance schools. Will I be able to learn bharatanatyam completely from your site or do I need to join any other online classes of yours apart from the your regular posts.
Your suggestions will be very valuable to me.

Once again, great job Anajali. And thanks a ton for coming up with such a site.

Regards,
Srilakshmi.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:20 pm 

Dear Srilakshmi, Thank you for the kind words. Good to know you are able to learn from the site. As you learn through this website or any Cd's, it is important that you also get a feedback of what you are doing. That is when you need someone to correct you. The one to one session helps you in the finishing touches and correction you need. My website will give you all the basic steps a beginner needs. In order to learn the dance piece you have to join the one to one sessions.

If you are serious about learning Bharatanatyam, learn under a teacher guidance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:47 pm 

Hello Anjali,
Thank you for putting up such a web site and forum for Bharatanatyam. Amazing work!
I have been a Bharatanatyam student all my life, started at age 4 performed till 23, then off and on, have been teaching younger generation for last 10 years. I am really interested in learning Nattuvangam. Saw about certification courses today. Could you guide me as to how to go about this? I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sreedevi.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 pm 

Dear Devi, where are you located currently? basically to take these certification you have to be registered under a APPA center. If you are yourself a teacher you can approach them and take up this program for your students and yourself enroll for the certification course that can be completed on a fast track.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:01 pm 

Thank you very much for the reply.

Devi.

Post subject: notes
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 am 

Dear Anjali,
I am going for PRAVESHIKA DWITIYAVARSHA PURNA EXAM this april 18. I wanted to know whether you could help me know where do I get notes for the syllabus of theory at the earliest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:01 am 

Hi Aishwarya,Since you had sent a mail aswell. I have mailed the details. Please check a let me know. i saw your post in the forum much later

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:22 pm 

Hi. I am currently living in Singapore and am having a hard time finding Bharathanatyam classes here. The insttutions like Singapore Indian Fine Arts Society and Alpana require you to become a member before joining and I don't think I am eligible. Do you know of any APAA centres in Singapore? Or any Bharatanatyam schools, for that matter? Your advice would help a lot.

Thank you
Fariha