It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Certification
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:45 pm 

Hi Anjali,

I Just got into your website from google. You are doing an awesome job. I amalso trianed Kalakshetra Style Bharathanatyam Dancer and Teacher in U.S. Can you give me some guidelines how can I register with the university to make my students to take certification in Bharathanatyam. Your quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Arathi Srinivas.

Post subject: Re: Certification
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:22 pm 

Thank you. Arathi you will have to fill the accreditation form on their website. Follow link
http://www.alagappaarts.com:8080/alagap ... nters.html. Later their coordinator will contact you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:18 am 

Dear Anjali, Namaskar!

I am very interested in learning the entire course online till degree level. I went through your web site thoroughly but could not find the info I needed. I need to know how many years in total I have to study to complete BA.
I live in south India.
I need to know the fees year by year.
Where and how to apply and how to follow your online courses. I need to have as many detailed information as possible in order to proceed further.
I have seen you teaching some steps and I find your way of teaching amazing: so clear that everything seem so easy.
Please, excuse my being a little naive but really when I have to search in a website I usually get lost and often don't find the information required.
If you could be so kind to put all of these info in a single page and then send me a link of that page or simply answer to me directly in this forum.
I will appreciate your kind and utmost precious cooperation.

Best Regards

Lilli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:44 pm 

Dear Lilliulli,
Thank you.Appreciate your interest in online classes and certification. Currently APPA offers its BA courses only to students who reside outside India.
Since you are in the south of India, who have good chances of having good dance schools locally. Please do take advantage of that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:51 pm 

Dear Anjali,
thanks for your answer but I am shocked!
First of all I am not indian, simply I resides in India.
Second thing is that I have absolutely no time at all in order to take live classes.
The only and only way I have to learn Bharatanatyam is through an onliune course.
So I don't understand what's the difference wheather I kearn it from outside India or inside. Online is online and no one should care the place where from I learn the course unless...something is wrong!
If anything is not wroing at all, then I have to suppose that it's only an horrible and apparently meaningless discrimination between the people living abroad and the ones living in India.
Really I donno what to say. I thought I have found a solution for a problem that I am carring since years. For me learning Bharatanatyam matter a lot. Whenever I see a bharatanatyam dancer I feel something moving deeply in my heart. I feel I have to move like that, I have to master that mudras because somehow whenever I practice them I feel nearer to God. I donno how to explain my feelings but this is what I feel and moreover I feel my entire home get purified by those moves full of divine energy.
I live hours and hours far from any bharatanatyam school in India and moreover I am busy with my own sadhana and job. Other than an online course I will not be able to learn baharatanatyam.
Now the point is: this APPA, is really able to negate the online learning to people living in India?
Well if no solution will be provided, shame upon APPA!
To not allow an online learning course to people insiade India is like to negate to a son mother'sown milk!
I hope you can solve this problem quicly and not coming out again with a quick disposal anser like the preceeding one otherwise I have to suppose that you and the APPA are one and the same in this discriminating procecess.

Best Regards

Lilli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:17 pm 

I understand your passion for Bharatanatyam and would like to help you in the best possible manner. I was researching a few options that I can tell you before replying to your post. Sorry for the delay because of my current schedule.

I appreciate your great interest in the dance form and intent to pursue a certification course. Note that this though requires a good amount of effort and needs dedicated time. I myself have spent a good part of my life to attend classes, performing and now teaching. Currently my idea is to propgate this dance form and have been spending time and effort to come up with videos, audio and content you see on the site. This is provided absolutely free so that anyone from the world can watch and learn. Out of desire expressed by few of my readers, I also provide online classes to people who are finding it difficult to find classes and have found that they would be great ambassadors for the dance form. For eg. I take classes for a lady in Nepal who intends to take classes in Nepal but does not have classes nearby.

While you are in India, you can find the best gurus nearby and I think that is the best way you can pursue your interest. I have been helping my readers and can help you too to find local teachers to the best I can. For certification, note that APPA is a california based organization. Within India, you have multiple choices for classes and certification. Since you are in the South, here are a few options:

Sridevinrithyalaya. (They also offer Online Classes)
http://www.sridevinrithyalaya.org/

Kalakshetra offers very good programs:
http://www.kalakshetra.in/courses.html

Bharatakalaanjali
http://www.bharatakalaanjali.org/

Muralidharan’s Nrithyakshethra Dance Academy
For details, contact Muralidaran at 99627 77833 or Chithra Muralidaran at 98405 89429 or 26186110.

Bharata Choodamani
http://www.angelfire.com/la/adyarlakshman/

Other Options:
The Tilak Maharashtra vidyapeeth (check out their distance education prog)
http://www.tmv.edu.in/de_bac_bacldan.asp

Full time residential courses are offered by Nalanda institute, Pune university

My wish and hope is that you learn and help other people in doing the same. I am here to help. If you have questions, please drop me an email directly and we can together work out a solution for you.

Again, thanks for all your good comments and participation in the forums.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:47 am 

hi anjali i have learnt basics ,but want t complete it .i am in bangalore can u suggest me some academyfor me to get certified please

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:33 pm 

Hi Anjali,
This is Lavanya. I am planning to start dance classes soon. If my students have to appear for the exams, is it neceaary that my dace school should be authorised by APAA? Or can i just register my students there and make them to appear for the exams? Waiting for your reply.

Thanksin Advance
Lavanya Yeshwanth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

yes lavanya, your school has to be registered with APAA.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:13 pm 

Hi,
Thanks. Is there any other way to appear for any other certification other than the one provided by APAA? I mean are there any other institutes that provides a certificate in Chicago?

Thanks in Advance
Lavanya Yeshwanth