It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:35 am 

hi, anjali
You are making us to learn dance in easy method ,for those who r passion abhout dance they have visit your website i guess. i really have a lot of dream to became n dancer n i have joined also. wat is yourstyle of dance i mean now i am learning under kalamandalam style n going through ur steps a lot. will it be the same . plz do suggest me if i am wong................

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:03 pm 

The basic steps will almost be same. Some difference here and there. I learnt pandanallur style.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:55 pm 

deepaarun wrote:
Hi, anjali i am deepaarun 24yrs old i am very happy now after going through ur website it is very usefull . my only aim was to become a good dancer but i couldt but now my husband is supporting me but i am worried wheather i can do at this age r wat please do suggest me. THANK YOU ANJALI

Yes you can. There is no need to doubt yourself

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:05 am 

Hi Anjali,

I am happy to see you encouragement and knowledge sharing happening in ur blog.
I had learnt Bhartanatyam when I was very small and because of my Dad's tranferrable job could not continue and later studies and marriage just did not give me any time for it.
I had learnt basics and also had learnt Jathiswaram, fortunately i had got the song recorded and still practise the same.
I want to go ahead in it, could let me know how to go about it if I want to get certifications in it.I am in Mumbai currently.

Thanks,
Anu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:22 pm 

In mumbai Teacher like sandhya purecha, vaibhav Arekar, sailaja Menon, Prakriti baskar and Sri rajarajeshwari nritya Bharat Natya kala mandir are know for their excellence in training students. check this link. http://www.narthaki.com/bhnatyam/bh1gi.htm. You can also look Gandharva mahavidyalaya or Tilak Vidyapeeth (http://www.tmv.edu.in/)in pune for certification.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:20 am 

Hi Anjali,

Thanks a lot for your response and the list of address in Mumbai.
I had another query on does Jathiswaram fall in the basics only and if possible can you give me the sequence of stages in the learning process.
Could you give the different stages of dance for in Bhartanatyam.

Anu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:41 pm 

hi anjali

my name keerthi..i am very intersted in bharatnatyam..i have learned it since my nursery till 8th...then i left then i joined during my Engg....again i left ...but i nw i wanted to continue learning ur site is inspiring me to learn again....so do u have any cd's...??i knw the basics steps n allaripu,jatheeswara..n two more but dnt remember the name.....if u have any cd's i will able to continue ....thank u anjali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:26 am 

Hi Anjali

My daughters Divita and Dyuti 10 yrs are learning bharatanatyam. Recently i came across your website. It is very informative and thanks to your website I can keep track and correct by daugthers in their steps. I would like to know more about the steps after the adavus. Keep up the good work. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 pm 

dear anjali,
can you guide me about any dance teacher in chandigarh ?? i am 22 yr old and wish to learn bharatnatyam from the beginning. I have also registered for online learning with you, as i found it really informative and easy to follow..and is a good alternative to guru shishya as u hav mentioned. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:56 pm 

Dear Anjali Mam,

Namaskaar

I am Pallavi From Mumbai (INDIA) By profession Journalist
Acting and Dancing is my Hobby
I am learning Bharatnatyam from your online program
I am very happy to learn from you and From my childhood it was my dream to become a bharatnatyam dancer my mom is also bharatnatyam dancer but due to some reason she could not finish her course.
Now I want to make her dream come true and I need your help. I have learnt some of Basic
Adavu
Aallaripum
starting it was difficult now I am happy

Anjali mam I want to know if I have to open a academy or small bharatnatyam classes do I need to have a certificate and if yes than please let me know How will I get certificate. But I want to give name your name as guru.

I want my student should know that I have learnt from you not from other academy. So please do favor for me and help me to learn and open classes.

Waiting for your positive reply

Thank you

Regards
Pallavi