It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: dance learning
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 am 

i had learned bharatnatyam but that was discontinued in between then again joined and again discontinued.As age increases is there limitation in picking up steps and other aspects of dance

Post subject: Re: dance learning
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:20 pm 

The learning and understanding process should be faster now. If you have been in an exercise schedule may be your body is still supple. Else that too has to be worked on. And the dance itself is a great exercise, so if you enjoy the whole process, then nothing like it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:45 pm 

Hello anjali, i dont know how to thank you for creating such an useful site..Thankyou very very much..!! I am learning Bharatanatyam now..I have learnt much more from here..!! it has been hardly 4-5 months since i joined..Now am learning mandi adavu n completed samyuktha,asamyukhtha astras n dasavatharas even..So wat actually my question is Are there only 7 adavus?? with that is bharatanatyam completed ? so with in six more months from now will my bharatanyam gets complete ? Thankyou once again..Awaiting your reply :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:44 pm 

@Shilz, there are 10 Adavus I have explained here on the website. These are only the basic steps. After which a student learns dance pieces by combining these steps. check the dance sequence and allarippu video. Later students are trained in abhinaya items or expression based dances.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:21 am 

hi anjali, this is deepaarun from bangalore. i wanted to b a good dancer but i couldnt due to some prolems but now i am 25yrs old n hav daughter. i daily go through ur website really thank full to u alot its a greatjob that u hav done for us,i have learnt dance but not continously i hav always had break so ..... but now i know all hasta bhedas and tattaaavu nattaduvu but now my question is that, i have joined dance class now is it possible for me to become an dancer at this age i really want to be.i want to b professional into dance (bharathanatyam) please do help me out by suggesting......... :)
thank you