Alarippu part 2

April 24th, 2010 by Anjali

Here is the second part of Alarippu. I have used some audio in between to demonstrate the speed and how it would match with the beats.

Tags:

• 1 Oorvashi May 16, 2010 at 11:29 am

I think its awesome! i have been visiting all kind of videos on alaripu and until now, none has been as much explicit 😀
    thanks for that amazing help!

it would be great if you could post a video with the music without stopping!

• 2 Anjali May 16, 2010 at 12:26 pm

thanks Oorvashi, will do that.

• 3 seenu May 21, 2010 at 4:36 pm

heloo…Anjali….its really an amazing work …pls upload more videos including pushpanjali,etc…il b really grateful 2 u f u do so…

• 4 Swapna Raju Jun 19, 2010 at 5:57 am

Really awesome!!A Lot of hardwork put in.Couldn’t find any other website on bharatanatyam which gave so much details on adavus etc…Thanks so much.Could you please upload Kautuvams and pushpanjali also.I will really be grateful to you.

• 5 shravani Jul 14, 2010 at 10:42 am

it is really very nice to see such a wonderful way of teaching .actually shravani is my daughter who is learning this wonderful art.she likes it very much she has been learning this for past six years and she is perfecting it only now .wish we get hte bols for allaripu 1and 2 and for jathis also

• 6 Anjali Jul 14, 2010 at 1:41 pm

@sharvani, thank you. What I have explained here is the allarippu in tishra jati -Eka talam. That will be easily available in the markets since it most commonly taught.

• 7 srujana Jul 24, 2010 at 10:35 pm

madam, it would be helpful if you could present of a video of complete alarippu danced to the tune….or atleast the whole audio so that it will be easy to practice.

• 8 srujana Jul 24, 2010 at 10:40 pm

also madam, are you thinking of uploading Jatisvaram anytime soon?

• 9 susmita Aug 5, 2010 at 6:29 am

Thank you Anjali so much for the amazing way in which you explain the dance moves. and i second Oorvashi’s request :)

i have also heard about an item called Todiyam. What is it and how is it done? Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge …

love and regards
    susmita

• 10 susmita Aug 9, 2010 at 1:50 am

hello , i simply love the links you are putting up in the facebook page. idon’t know how to say this, but your website is an inspiration to me . i stay abroad and can’t fulfill my dream of learning bharatnatyam in any particular school, since i dnt stay at a place for a long time. but it seems the internet has given me a new guru in the form of you so that i can pursue my dream. thank you once again. pranam.

• 11 Hima Sep 16, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Awesome. I have been following you before you started this website and had youtube videos from your very first video. I don’t if you remember that I even subscribed to your channel on you tube.
    I had started learning from your videos, but then found a guru locally and now I am at alaripu and I still watch yours thought. Sometimes some steps vary from what my guru says, but yours help me recollect and practice.
    I was hoping to come with a online bharatanatyam stuff with the help of my guru since until the last year I never found anything online to learn and I am 30 already. but you had been a pioneer in this and are doing a great job by starting this website.

• 12 Anjali Sep 17, 2010 at 8:26 am

@Hima, you are always welcome to contribute to the site by way of articles, videos or pictures and comments. mail them to me and due credits will be given to the sender. Words from people like you keeps me motivated. Thank you!!

• 13 dheekshitha Sep 17, 2010 at 10:57 am

hi anjali!!!!

awesome videos anjali… this is really helpful for me… your facial expressions ur style of teaching everything is really outstanding…. and it would be great if u upload more videos !!!!

• 14 Na’ima Oct 12, 2010 at 6:49 pm

I can’t watch the video! *cryes* ^^

• 15 Shweta Oct 31, 2010 at 1:20 am

Hi, my 10 year old daughter is learning dance. I want audio cd for her pratice .from where shall i get it?she has completed alarippu &doing jatiswaram.

• 16 jenny Dec 11, 2010 at 5:56 am

hey..
    your alarippu is really nice..
    i have learnt alaripu in 3,4,7 n 11 beats
    n im looking for alarpiu in 9 beats..
    i wudn mind purchasin d video also..
    but not sure which is the correct 1..
    pls guide me..

• 17 remya Dec 22, 2010 at 9:54 am

opsssssssss what hard work done for this detailed dance item

• 18 Priya Dec 22, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Hello Anjali,
    Ur teaching style is very good. Thank u very much.

• 19 Akshatha Pai Jun 28, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Namasthe Madam,

I have started learning bharatanatyam from your website and i am very happy that you have made it so simple and easy to understand but still should doubts to clarify, i e Which style of bharatanatyam you are teaching and for alarippu and jatiswaram etc kindly upload the sollukettu so that it would be easy to practise. Waiting for your reply

• 20 komal Oct 7, 2012 at 12:56 am

could u please help me out with .. allaripu mishra jaati notations ..

• 21 Shankari Jun 16, 2014 at 7:13 am

Hi.. I learned bharatanatyam for 6 yrs.. And then I was not able to continue.. Now after very long time I started again to learn from your website.. It is really very helpful.. Thank you..
    Can you pls upload the alarippu full audio i.e the Jaati..
    Thanks

• 22 lakshmi Jun 20, 2014 at 10:09 am

hi Anjali,

could you please uplaod the complete Alarippu with its song…

-laxmi

• 23 Hafiza Farooqui May 24, 2015 at 11:22 am

I wan to buy the audio CD of Alarippu, how much
    Thanks