Introducing Forums

September 16th, 2009 by Anjali

I would like to thank all my readers for their encouraging comments and suggestions. There are many discussions happening in the “About me” and certain other posts. Lot of good points are being discussed and this is lost in the comments under each post. To make it easier for all of us and to capture the points for future reference, I have added discussion forums to the site. This will help us to post and capture all the discussions better. Going forward, I request all the readers and students to post your queries in the forums.

Please register and get started. Let me know if you have comments/suggestions to improve.

Tags:   · · · · ·

• 1 Ashley Oct 8, 2009 at 12:32 pm

Now that you teach along with Alagappa
    does this mean you won’t post the Mandi adavu or the Kaathi adavu I mean for those of us who followed you from youtube?

• 2 Anjali Oct 8, 2009 at 1:57 pm

ha..ha.. am atleast looking forward to complete the adavus soon, Ashley.

• 3 nigamaa Oct 9, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Alagappa, a mighty step foreward to secure your career, congrats to that…

I learned of another BA course this week from Hope University, Liverpool
    should deal with Beatle George and his collaboration with Ravi Shankar?

here is a link to Brazil, someone who made it and runs his own BN institute there

• 4 GAYATHRI Mar 22, 2010 at 6:26 am

HI! I am a new student.Yours teaching is very helpful for me.I want to know what is the second adavu.

• 5 Anjali Mar 22, 2010 at 7:01 am

The second Adavu is Natta Adavu

• 6 Anu Mar 23, 2010 at 3:51 am

Hi, my sister and I are going to India this summer for our arrangetram practice. Our arrangetram is in London on november.

Can you give me advise what i can do before coming to India?
    How many hours should i practise per day?
    Many people say to eat healthily, but how? I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and avoid snacks in between.
    Please advise me. Thank you.

• 7 sahana Feb 17, 2012 at 11:46 am

A very nice site. I am doing my MFA studies in dance and music in sastra university under the guidance of Dr. Padma Subramaniyam. I need some project topics. Can you help me out?

• 8 Susha May 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I need to talk to u about to get certificate in dance can I get your mobile numberpls

• 9 Anjali Jun 12, 2012 at 2:03 pm

@Susha, Both Pushpanjali and todayamangalam are innovatory piece. The pushpanjali usually begins with words Tatto da ga tam or tam tam . Sometime a small shlokam is also incorporated. A todayamangalam is usaually Abhinaya oriented. Abhinayam is basically Pada-artam like Jaya janaki Ramana

• 10 Prnay Dec 12, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out the name of one adavu. It is usually done to “tegre tegre tum” and I can’t figure out what it’s called! I’m unsure if it is just a variation on dhi dhi tei adavu. It is done here at 0:48 time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pp2Nn-w6Lk

Thank you!!

• 11 win a free iphone 5 Jul 30, 2013 at 3:43 pm

At this time I am going to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast
    coming yet again to read additional news.

• 12 Pavaani Jan 12, 2014 at 8:01 pm

May I know which shop in Chennai that sell red, yellow, black foundation for amman, kaaliamman dances. Also blue for Krishna. Appreciate if anyone can advice on this.
    thanks.

• 13 Viktoria Jan 22, 2016 at 12:11 am

Hello, i am looking for translation of this dance piece
    svAmi nAn unran (varNam). rAgA: nATakuranji. tALA: Adi

P: svAmi nAn unran aDimai enru ulagamellAm ariyumE
    tAmadam sheyyAdhu vandaruL mAdOr pangA bhUdEsA
    A: nAmAmrta pAnamE en jIvanamE enru nambinEnE
    naTanamADum sEvaDi darishanam enru kiDaikkum enavE EnginEnE
    (muktAyi svara sAhityam)
    senjaDADaviyil iLambirai deiva gangaiyum Oraravum Ada
    iLa naghai tavazhum shevvidazhudan tadhIm ena ciTrambalam tanil ADum
    C: naTarAjA dEvA sacchidAnandA
    (caraNa svara sAhityas)
    1: ADum nin azhagil kAdal koNDa ivaLaip-pAr

2: nandhi bhrngi shiva kaNam munivargaLum indiran mudal amara kOTigaL paNiyum

3: punnakai tavazh idazhin azhagaiyum kaDaikkaN azhagaiyum kaNDAL mazhup- paDaiyai shen shaDaiyai tOluDaiyai matagaja naDaiyai ninainndurugum ivaLai ANDaruL
    4: nI varam tara uDan viraindu vA meyyanbu koNDu ninaindu nAL muzhudum tan ninaivilAL kaN urangilaL uNavaruNDilaL tirup-peyarai sholli sholli pulambuvaL tanimai tanilE kala kalavena naghaitthiDum ivaLin viraham taNiya aruL nI puriyAviDilE mOsham varum pAsahmuDan vanNdaruL
    Could anybody post it, please?