Jaati Adavu In Bharatanatyam part 2 (video)

August 24th, 2009 by Anjali

This video demonstrates the Chatushra Jati and Khanda Jati. Chatushra Jati has 3 syllables (beats) Ta Ka Dhi Mi. Khanda Jati has 5 syllables (beats) Ta Ka Taa Ki Ta.

Chatushra Jati can be done in two ways.

1. As we begin with the right side, tap your leg once and raise it on the toes for Ta. Then let the feet fall flat on floor for Ka. Lift the left feet and place it on the toes for Dhi. Let the feet fall flat on the floor for Mi.

2. As we begin with the right side, tap your leg once for Ta. Again Tap the same feet for Ka. Lift the left feet and place it on the toes for Dhi. Let the feet fall flat on the floor for Mi.

Tags:   · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

• 1 bindya Mar 28, 2011 at 6:30 pm

what will be the hand movements for ta ka di mi, and why have u shown foot movements-ta ki ta when u were demonstrating hand movements for taka ta ki ta?
    getting confused. pls help

• 2 Anjali Mar 29, 2011 at 1:05 pm

@Bindya, the basic hand movements for ta ka dhi mi will be holding a kapitta in your right and the other hand in dola. Ta ki ta can be done in three ways, so I have used one of the methods to show the step Ta ka ta ki ta, where i takita can be any of the three.

• 3 calvin Jul 22, 2012 at 1:40 am

22JUL12
    Hello from Cairo:
    Well, I give up with these bothersome ads on your
    video posted by google. I HATE google!!!
    So, I am signing off from these unwanted interruptions
    over the view. Now there are 3 all at once!!!
    I wonder if any one else has made the same
    complaint.
    I hope something can be done about this.
    Google is responsible for many of the ads which
    keep coming on the screen even while writing a
    message on Hotmail. How can this be allowed?
    What can we do????
    Angry in Cairo.
    Calvin (I’ve had it!!)

• 4 Anjali Jul 22, 2012 at 1:30 pm

@Calvin, You can always close the ads that pop up. I mean click the x mark the appears at the up right corner of the ad. Once you do that ads will not pop up.

• 5 Deepa Mar 19, 2013 at 11:14 am

Many thanks for sending this link for pancha nadai as a quick response.
    Do you have the link for kathari( i think the jati goes dhangidu tha tha dhinna – not sure though ) .Can I have link/ explanation of how to do it – Thanks in advance

• 6 Abhilasha Pandey Apr 23, 2014 at 5:22 am

Hiii.very nice to see. I wants to see all shlokam if possible.

• 7 madhurigodbole.( mhaiskar) May 14, 2014 at 10:35 am

.l want lyrics of tandav ganapati.pl help me if possible

• 8 Anjali May 15, 2014 at 9:07 pm

@Madhuri..could specify the atleast the starting of the pallavi for the song. Thanks

• 9 Namrata sharma Aug 24, 2015 at 9:14 am

pls tell me a basic steps by a hand movement … …..