Sarikal Adavu Second, Third and Fourth Variation(explanation)
If you have been following this blog for long, you must be familiar with the term “twice the first step”. Therefore the second variation is the double of first variation. In the second variation we have to perform each step twice. The Bols are Tai Ya Tai Ya, Tai Hi Tai Hi. So after the 3rd instruction in the first variation ie Tai Ya, repeat Tai ya again to the right side. Also after the 5th instruction ie Tai Hi, repeat Tai Hi again.
In the third variation the leg movements remaining the same as the the first variation, only the hand movements differ. The Bols are Tai Ya Tai Hi. The hand gestures used are Katakamukha and Alapadma.
1. Be in Samapada (is a simple standing with both the legs together) with hands is Natyarambhe.
2. Begin with the right hand side. Bring your right hand close to the chest in Alapadma hasta facing up. Left hand is raised up over the head in katakamukha hasta facing up. Lift the right feet and place it one foot further to the right. Say Tai
3. Slide the left leg to the right. Now the feet is in Samapada position. Hands in the same position above. Say Ya.
4. Now balance the feet on the heels , both toes raised. This is called the Anchita or Tadittam. Hands in the same position. Move the right wrist (in Alapadma) up slightly. Glance up. Say Tai.
5. Tap both the feet together with a slight jump. Palms are again in the position like in 2 above. Say Hi.
Mirror the above instruction to the left hand side aswell.
Again the fourth varaition is twice the third variation. Therefore the fourth variation is the double of third variation. The bols are Tai Ya, Tai Ya; Tai Hi, Tai Hi. After the 3rd instruction above ie Tai Ya, repeat Tai ya again to the right side. And after the 5th instruction above ie Tai Hi, repeat Tai Hi again.