TattiMetti Adavu in Bharatanatyam
“Tatti ” means to tap (like in Tatta adavu) and “Metti ” means a heel contact with the floor. For Metti one must first be on the toes (either a jump on the toes or just striking a toe) and then flatten the feet while the toes are already firm on the ground. TattiMetti is one of the most important adavus and these steps are often used in Jatiswarams and Tillanas. I personally love the adavu for its crisp movements.
The sollukettu is Tat Tai Ta Ha Dhit Tai Ta Ha. Mudra used in this adavu is Tripataka.
- TattiMetti Adavu First step
- TattiMetti Adavu Second step
- TattiMetti Adavu Third step
- TattiMetti Adavu Fourth step
- TattiMetti Adavu Fifth step
- Tattimetti Adavu Sixth Step