Natta Adavu Fourth Step
The fourth step is very similar to the third step. Here every action of the third step is repeated twice.
Formula for the Fourth step: Natta Adavu second step + Crossed legs + Half of Natta Adavu second step
Be in Ardhamandala posture with hands stretched apart and palms in Tripataka facing down as shown in this image.
1. Do the second step as explained before and say “tai yum tat ta tai hi ya ha (Right side),tai yum tat ta tai hi ya ha (left side)”
2. After doing the complete second step, take your right foot behind the left foot such that right leg toes are placed just behind the left foot (Right heel is raised up , while the left foot is flat on the ground). The right hand is placed in front of the chest(elbows bent) with Tripataka gesture facing up and left hand is kept in Tripataka gesture facing down. Say “tai yum“
3. In the same crossed leg posture, raise your left leg which is in the front (while doing this we are balancing on the right leg that is behind) and tap the floor with flat feet. While doing this, the right hand Tripataka is turned to face down. Note that the left hand continues to be in Tripataka facing down. Say “tat ta“
4. Repeat the above procedure 2, 3 again say Tai Hi Ya Ha
5. Now bring the right leg which is behind and stretch it in Alidha. The right hand is stretched with Tripataka gesture facing up. Note that the left hand continues to be in Tripataka facing down. Say “tai Yum“.
6. Finally, bring back your right leg in Ardhamandala with a tap and the right hand Tripataka is truned to face down. Note that the left hand continues to be in Tripataka facing down. Say “Tat ta“.
7.Now repeat the procedure 5, 6 and say Tai Hi Ya Ha
This completes one count for the Natta Adavu fourth step. One count involves four repetitions (sets) of “tai yum tat ta tai hi ya ha”.