Natta Adavu – Third Step
In the third step of Natta Adavu, you will be introduced to a new leg movement where we cross our legs one behind the other.
I can give you a formula for the third step: Natta Adavu First step + Crossed legs + Half of Natta Adavu First step
Be in Ardhamandala posture with hands stretched apart and palms in Tripataka facing down as shown in this image.
1. Do the First step of Natta adavu as explained before and say “tai yum tat ta tai hi ya ha”
2. After doing the complete first step, take your right foot behind the left foot such that right leg toes are placed just behind the left foot (Right heel is raised up , while the left foot is flat on the ground). The right hand is placed in front of the chest(elbows bent) with Tripataka gesture facing up and left hand is kept in Tripataka gesture facing down. Say “tai yum”
3. In the same crossed leg posture, raise your left leg which is in the front (while doing this we are balancing on the right leg that is behind) and tap the floor with flat feet. While doing this, the right hand Tripataka is turned to face down. Note that the left hand continues to be in Tripataka facing down. Say “tat ta”
4. Now bring the right leg which is behind and stretch it in Alidha. The right hand is stretched with Tripataka gesture facing up. Note that the left hand continues to be in Tripataka facing down. Say “tai hi“.
5. Finally, bring back your right leg in Ardhamandala with a tap and the right hand Tripataka is truned to face down. Note that the left hand continues to be in Tripataka facing down. Say “ya ha“.
This completes one count for the Natta Adavu third step. One count involves three repetitions (sets) of “tai yum tat ta tai hi ya ha”.
Thanks for your patience. I know it is getting tougher with just the description 🙂 So I shall post video on the Natta Adavu also soon.